- Infiltration anaesthesia; restricted to RFH for knee surgery only (JFC January 2013)
- Single dose in an off-label manner as a local infiltration during total hip replacement (THR) and total knee replacement (TKR) (JFC January 2017)
- Surgical wound infiltration via Painbuster; for post-operative management of patients undergoing live-donor nephrectomy and patients undergoing Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforators (DIEP) flap breast reconstruction (JFC July 2015)
- Ropivacaine continuous surgical wound infiltration via Painbuster; for colorectal surgery and incisional hernia (JFC May 2016)
- Local infiltration during total hip replacement (THR) and total knee replacement (TKR).
- The use of Lidocaine (lignocaine) 2% cartridge, bupivacaine 0.0625% infusion and ropivacaine is restricted to theatres only.